Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Film or TV titles that sound better with the word "monkey" in them

--The Full Monkey
--Friends With Monkey
--Win Ben Stein's Monkey

Serves him right. Nixon apologist and speechwriter Ben Stein doesn't deserve a monkey--even if he was in Ferris Beuller.

My fave bit from the Stein bio linked to above:
On June 17, 2002, CNN aired a clip of Stein stating, "I'm sure there was no Deep Throat. I'm absolutely sure of it. I've got a million dollars there's no Deep Throat." On May 13, 2003, he told David and Tom Gardner of the Motley Fool, "There was no Deep Throat, I'm sure of it. I certainly wasn't. At the time Deep Throat was operating, I was a hippie in the woods of Santa Cruz, California—so it wasn't me. And I don't think there was any Deep Throat. I think it was somebody Bob Woodward made up in one of his more imaginative moments."

When W. Mark Felt finally admitted to being the famous informant on May 31, 2005, Stein stopped denying the existence of Deep Throat and began expressing contempt toward Felt and his role in exposing the Watergate scandal. Stein said, "If there is such a thing as justice in this life or the next, Mark Felt has bought himself the worst future of any man on this earth."

Yikes. What an asshole.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Monkey in Love
America's Next Top Monkey

unclewilly said...

The Color of Monkey
Monkey in the Park with George
Brokeback Monkey
It's a Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey World