Thursday, June 14, 2007

You know you want it

I got an e-mail today with the subject line: Vicodin: you know you want it.

And I thought, brother, you don't know the half of it.


A rerun of the first post on The Velvet Blog, from June 14, 2004. If you look back over that first month's worth of posts, I think you'll notice one thing: I've shown remarkably little growth in my blogging skills since then. You've gotta give me points for consistency!

I think I'm going to be lazy over the next week or two and do a lot of reruns. Bear with me. Either it will all be new to you or a trip down memory lane.

Oh, and this first post? It still feels remarkably current. The publisher where I work laid off 200 people yesterday. I was spared, but if you have any painkillers, please contact me. Thanks.

3 comments:

fermicat said...

No comments yet? I can't let that happen. This post is a classic. A true American classic.

Anonymous said...

Why was Brett Favre e-mailing you?

Anonymous said...

Vicodin is not a fun drug. Don't know why anyone would crave it.