Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The more things change...


Folks across the Net are finding the product placement for Subway in Monday's episode of Hawaii Five O to be pretty ridiculous, and with good reason (because it is ridiculous):



But I'd like to point out this used to be the norm. Netflix was, until recently, streaming episodes of Burns and Allen, and I caught a few before they disappeared. Twice in every episode, the plot is interrupted by plugs for Carnation:



And, yes, the Flintstones used to shill for Winston cigarettes during the first season of the show. The bits weren't integrated into the dialogue quite like Burns and Allen, but the ads looked like part of the show:



Well, this post has been extra tiring, for some reason. I think I'm going to relax, put up my feet, and enjoy some delicious Lindt chocolates. Mmmmm. They sure are good!











No comments: