Monday, June 11, 2012

You know you want it


I got an e-mail today with the subject line: Vicodin: you know you want it.

And I thought, brother, you don't know the half of it.  


Hey, I just remembered The Velvet Blog is turning eight this month! My, how time flies. Before you know it, TVB will be swiping my car keys to go visit clandestine raves. (Are they still a thing? Do teens go to raves? Oh, whatever.) This particular post was the first one here, from June 14, 2004. 

In the past, I've spent the month of June rerunning old posts as an energy-saving measure (just like those fluorescent bulbs that no one likes, either). I may or may not do the same this month. We'll see.

Blogger informs me that this is my 1,931rst post, but I think that may include items in draft form but never triggered. Yes, there are some things I decided weren't worthy of being posted here. Hard to believe, I know. 

5 comments:

Professor Longnose said...

So did you ever get the vicodin?

Jim Donahue said...

Never--and after all my buzz marketing!

punkinsmom said...

I'm at 1785 (published). But I'm only turning 7 this year. You not only have a head start, you are inherently funnier.
Also, if you want to know what teens do nowadays, I can send mine to you. She's planning on being in NYC (the usually get a hotel room on Staten Island) later this year for the K-pop extravaganza featuring a couple of Korean rappers. No. I am not kidding. I only wish I was.

Jim Donahue said...

>>...later this year for the K-pop extravaganza featuring a couple of Korean rappers.

What the what??

punkinsmom said...

I KNOW, RIGHT!?
I don't get it either.