Monday, September 26, 2005

Truth in advertising

I stopped for a cuppa coffee at 7-Eleven on the way home and was struck by a package of Mr. Salty pretzels.

After I threw it back at the cashier, I couldn't help but admire the name of the snack. The idea of naming your product after what it actually is seems refreshingly naive, and very un-2005. I'm kind of surprised that Nabisco hasn't changed the name to something like Mr. Not Quite as High in Sodium as You Might Fear.

I don't think we'll be seeing Mr. Trans Fats or Ms. This Cupcake Contains No Ingredients Found in Nature any time soon.

UPDATE: Did I just imagine this, or did 7-Eleven have a decade-old bag of pretzels on the shelf? I can't find any evidence of Mr. Salty still being produced.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://www.advertisingiconmuseum.com/inside/c6/3265093.html