Saturday, April 18, 2009

Postcard of the day

Aug. 13, 2:30 PM, 1951 [?]

Dear Nannie

I finally decided to take the trip to New York to meet Phoebe. The Queen Elizabeth should have landed yesterday 1 PM. On account of the fog, it only landed this morning 8 AM. I went to the pier but going through the Customs was too long for me to wait so I am at the Hotel waiting. Hope to see you soon. Love J.B.



Still to be determined: Why won't they tell us who is buried in Grant's tomb already? What are they trying to hide???

3 comments:

punkinsmom said...

to wait so fam at the Hotel waiting.Could that be "I am"???

Jim Donahue said...

You're right--fixing. Thanks.

TootsNYC said...

"Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?" is my favorite nonsense question. Because the answer isn't "Grant." It's "Grant and Mrs. Grant." So there.