Saturday, April 18, 2009

Postcard of the day

Aug. 13, 2:30 PM, 1951 [?]

Dear Nannie

I finally decided to take the trip to New York to meet Phoebe. The Queen Elizabeth should have landed yesterday 1 PM. On account of the fog, it only landed this morning 8 AM. I went to the pier but going through the Customs was too long for me to wait so I am at the Hotel waiting. Hope to see you soon. Love J.B.

Still to be determined: Why won't they tell us who is buried in Grant's tomb already? What are they trying to hide???


punkinsmom said...

to wait so fam at the Hotel waiting.Could that be "I am"???

Jim Donahue said...

You're right--fixing. Thanks.

TootsNYC said...

"Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?" is my favorite nonsense question. Because the answer isn't "Grant." It's "Grant and Mrs. Grant." So there.