Monday, August 29, 2011

You asked for it! Again!


Odd Google searches that have brought visitors to the shores of The Velvet Blog, with commentary:

harry potter how to summon tiny lizards
"Hey, you--tiny lizards!"

claus von bulow is he still alive
You have no idea. (OK, that's just Jeremy Irons' last line in Reversal of Fortune. But it's true.)

benedict arnold coloring pages
Next up: The Alger Hiss Coloring Book.

my aunt disney world fanny pack
As it turns out, search technology does not, at this point in time, allow you to type in "my aunt disney world fanny pack" and get a picture of the fanny pack your aunt bought at Disney. Soon, though. Soon.

santa claus headshot
Auditioning for a modeling job in the off season? I'm going to suggest: blue steel.

CAR OF DEVIL GO TO HELL WITH ALL YOUR LABOURS
I believe the search term you were looking for is "Chevy Nova."

opening banana
"There is a train everyday leaving either way/There is a world, you know/And there is a way to go/And we'll soon be gone, it's just as well/This is my opening banana." This answers the age-old question, what if Jackson Browne had written "My Opening Banana" instead of "My Opening Farewell"?

birthday quotes for brother WITH PANDA
"Happy birthday, brother ... WITH PANDA!!"

how about dinner? I know this great Vietnamese restaurant
"If I could afford it, I'd have 10 cats."




3 comments:

Dave said...

Damn, people still visit your blog? I cross post on FB like you do and I'm pretty sure no one goes over, at least I seldom get any comments. And I'm only leaving this one to make you feel good, I owe you for Spotify.

Jim Donahue said...

Oh, God, no. 99% of my traffic is people doing weird searches, most of them to do with either Deborah Norville's wonky eye or Activia yogurt's poop-inducing properties.


It's really just running on autopilot at this point.

Knatolee said...

Clause Von Bulow, he IS still alive!