Monday, October 03, 2011

It's so watery ... yet there's a smack of ham to it!


It's link dump time--odds and ends I've posted on Facebook, but not here because I didn't really have anything to add:

Mitch Hurwitz says there's a new limited-run series of Arrested Development episodes AND a movie in the works, though there are some rights issues to clear up.

I'm seriously loving the new Pugwash album.

I just discovered the Third Coast Festival podcast. It's really good--sort of like This American Life, but with an international scope.

Stumbled over this 2005 New York Times story about the movie theater in Riverhead, N.Y, the town where I grew up. It's one of those old art deco theaters you rarely see anymore--it never got chopped up into a multiplex, but it's been closed since the '80s. The article mentions that renovation is under way, but guess what? It's still closed. I have no idea what happened. I'm posting this because of the photos--just look at that tile work. If the renovation ever happens, it will be a stunner.

When you need cheering up, go to this photo of sleeping pandas.

An interview with The Daily Show's John Oliver.

No comments: