Sunday, October 14, 2012

"Some cookies that I made this forenoon."

Williston, VT.
May 28

I am sending Harold a little pkg. Some cookies that I made this forenoon. I thought it would please him to received something. Just read in Telegram of A. Moore's death by Automobile accident on front page. You know that is Mrs.[?]'s Nephew, I think. Some more about him on second page. Was glad to get your and Ma's letter. Got a long letter from Kate's sister.

As always, click to embiggen.

I love the use of the word "forenoon" and the phrase "death by Automobile accident."


TootsNYC said...

That looks like my grandmother's handwriting!

punkinsmom said...

I'm guessing "Mrs. Iebbar's" but that is a weird name, so what do I know? This is one of my favorites so far. I almost picked up a card or two for you at the most recent "antique" festival here, but wouldn't know how to post them to you since Jim Donahue, Long Island, NY probably wouldn't work. :)

Jim Donahue said...

Hm. I wonder.