Sunday, October 14, 2012

"Some cookies that I made this forenoon."

Williston, VT.
May 28
4PM
1914

I am sending Harold a little pkg. Some cookies that I made this forenoon. I thought it would please him to received something. Just read in Telegram of A. Moore's death by Automobile accident on front page. You know that is Mrs.[?]'s Nephew, I think. Some more about him on second page. Was glad to get your and Ma's letter. Got a long letter from Kate's sister.


As always, click to embiggen.

I love the use of the word "forenoon" and the phrase "death by Automobile accident."

3 comments:

TootsNYC said...

That looks like my grandmother's handwriting!

punkinsmom said...

I'm guessing "Mrs. Iebbar's" but that is a weird name, so what do I know? This is one of my favorites so far. I almost picked up a card or two for you at the most recent "antique" festival here, but wouldn't know how to post them to you since Jim Donahue, Long Island, NY probably wouldn't work. :)

Jim Donahue said...

Hm. I wonder.