Wednesday, August 18, 2004

How about we just boycott idiocy instead?

"ALBANY, N.Y. -- Upset by rock musician Bruce Springsteen's opposition to President Bush, the New York Conservative Party's candidate for U.S. Senate is launching a 'Boycott the Boss' television commercial. 'He thinks making millions with a song-and-dance routine allows him to tell you how to vote,' Marilyn O'Grady says in the 30-second spot. 'Here's my vote: Boycott the Boss. If you don't buy his politics, don't buy his music.' Springsteen, nicknamed the Boss by his band members and fans, was among more than 20 musicians who announced Aug. 4 that they would hold a series of anti-Bush fundraising concerts in 28 cities in October. 'I feel this is one of the most critical elections in my lifetime,' Springsteen said at the time. A Springsteen publicist said Monday that the singer did not plan to comment on the ad." --Associated Press, Aug. 18


Note to Marilyn: If you get elected, I hope you do something about the pesky freedom-of-speech tradition we have in this country. Imagine! Americans actually having opinions--and speaking out about them! It just gives me the shivers.

Now, please give me a moment as I perform a lobotomy on myself.

3 comments:

Grammarian@mindspring.com said...

'He thinks making millions with a song-and-dance routine allows him to tell you how to vote.'

Are they talking about Rush Limbaugh?

Anonymous said...

Her knickers are in a knot because she is probably a long-time fan and is 'shocked' to find his politics don't match hers.
So she strikes out at him to appease her anger.
Its a female thing.
Don't ask.

Jovianne said...

"Boycott idiocy?"

I've been trying to get that done for years!