Thursday, April 12, 2007

Random 10, without links

Jill Sobule, "One of These Days": "One of these days/And it'll be real soon/I'm gonna kick some ass/Gonna clean my room/Sometime soon"

Magnetic Fields, "All My Little Words": "Now that you've made me want to die/You tell me that you're unboyfriendable"*

The Citadels, "Like the World Never Ended": "I dreamt to myself/I dreamt to myself/Being with you's like the world never ended/Never ended"

Fountains of Wayne, "Red Dragon Tattoo": "I brought a .38 Special CD collection/Some Bactine to prevent infection"

Harry Nilsson, "Gotta Get Up": "Down by the sea she knew a sailor who had been to war/She never even knew a sailor before/She never even knew his name/He'd come to town and he would pound her for a couple of days/And then he'd sail across the bubbling waves/And those were happier days/But now ..."

Elivs Costello and the Attractions, "Pump It Up": "I've been on tenterhooks/Ending in dirty looks/Listening to the Muzak/Thinking 'bout this 'n' that"

XTC, "Harvest Festival": "Harvest festival/Harvest festival/What was best of all/Was the longing look you gave me/That longing look/More than enough to keep me fed all year"

The Beatles, "Hard Day's Night": "It's been a hard day's night, and I've been working like a dog/It's been a hard day's night, I should be sleeping like a log/But when I get home to you, I'll find the things that you do/Will make me feel all right"

Death Cab for Cutie, "Soul Meets Body": "I want to live where soul meets body/And let the sun wrap its arms around me/And bathe my skin in water cool and cleansing/And feel, feel what it's like to be new"

Matthew Sweet and Susannah Hoffs, "She May Call You Up Tonight": "I've been telling lines I never knew/All to keep that girl away from you"


*Really, if "unboyfriendable" isn't the best made-up word of all time, then I don't know what is.

No comments: