Friday, October 30, 2009

Quotation of the day


The Connecticut Independent [Sen. Joe Lieberman] told ABC News that he'll likely campaign for some Republican candidates in next year's midterm elections.

"I probably will support some Republican candidates for Congress or Senate in the election in 2010. I'm going to call them as I see them," he said, adding that "sometimes, the better choice is not somebody who's not a Democrat."
--The Wall Street Journal

Hmm. Am I reading this correctly? Let's parse. Sometimes, the better choice is not someone who's not a Democrat? That means that sometimes the better choice is a Democrat.

See that, Democrats, fed up with this member of the Democratic caucus? He does give grudging respect for you! Or, wait ... do you think he just doesn't know how a double negative works?

Democrats should not be incapable of not allowing him to stay in the caucus. Hey, that's a triple negative! I need to lie down.

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

I'm not sure I don't understand what he's not saying.