Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A sneak peek at my upcoming novel in letters, an alternate history of the founding of this country had it been accomplished by sock monkeys


Miss Adorable

By the same Token that the Bearer hereof satt up with you last night I hereby order you to give him, as many Kisses bananas, and as many Hours of your Company after 9 O'Clock as he shall please to Demand and charge them to my Account: This Order, or Requisition call it which you will is in Consideration of a similar order Upon Aurelia for the like favour, and I presume I have good Right to draw upon you for the Kisses bananas as I have given two or three Millions at least, when one has been received, and of Consequence the Account between us is immensely in favour of yours,
John Adams
Octr. 4th. 1762


(If I am blowing your mind and you prefer to read them in their original form, you may find the letters between John and Abigail here.)











No comments: