Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Songs I liked in 2007

Consider this just a sampling, rather than Jim's 2007 Best Of.


Midlake, "Young Bride," Trials of Van Occupanther (OK, the album this comes from was released in 2006, but I only heard it recently)


Midlake, "Bandits," Trials of Van Occupanther


The newly renamed Silver Seas, formerly The Bees (U.S.), "The Country Life," High Society


The Brother Kite, "Not the Only One," Waiting for the Time to be Right


Regina Spektor, "Better," Begin to Hope


Sissy Wish, "Float"


Rilo Kiley, "Silver Lining," Under the Blacklight


Let's Go Sailing, "Sideways," The Chaos in Order


Feist, "1,2,3,4," The Reminder


Swan Dive, "Tender Love," Until


Rhianna, "Shut Up and Drive." My guilty-pleasure, Top 40, bubble-gum fave. Yes, I'm 45 years old, but that is catchy as all hell. Don't let this spoil my indie cred.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no Christopher Cross?

Jim Donahue said...

No. He's caught between the moon and New York City.

TwoBusy said...

That's funny -- I was watching the same TBK vid on YouTube over the weekend. Nice call on Midlake, btw -- "Bandits" is my favorite song off that album.

Jim Donahue said...

I've been a little obsessed with that Midlake album of late. And "Bandits" is my favorite track, too.

Anonymous said...

funny, I heard he was sailing