Thursday, August 14, 2008

Demystification of the Olympics opening ceremony that I really didn't need to know

They faked some of the fireworks? Oh, fine, for the sake of TV spectacularity.* The little girl who sang was lip-synching because the vocalist wasn't cute enough? Well, no one wants to see an ugly kid, especially in high-def. The adult performers were wearing Depends disposable undergarments? Ummm ... what?
"You wanna know a secret?" an International Olympic Committee member from Las Vegas asked me in the lobby of the Shangri-La's Kerry Centre Hotel in Beijing. "The performers are wearing diapers during rehearsals so they don't have to take bathroom breaks." --Huffington Post



*Warning: Not an actual word.

2 comments:

fermicat said...

That is a shitty thing to do to those performers. I'll bet it pissed them off.

NYPinTA said...

Fermi beat me to the word play. I was amazed by the opening ceremonies. Now I know it was all a lie.