Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Here's looking at you


Yes, it's true: I have a Twitter feed. I'm not proud of this, mind you. Mostly, I use it to pimp posts here, or for the occasional one-liner. (If you don't follow me, I won't be insulted, and you won't be missing much. Or, um, anything.)

Anyway, I point this out only because I've lately been swamped with zombie followers who appear to be using their Twitter accounts to spread spam.

And when I say "zombie followers" ... well, here's one, on the left, and the other isn't following me, but is followed by others who are following me. (Got that? There will be a quiz later.):

Photobucket Photobucket


Is it really easier to Photoshop in glasses and a new background than just steal another head shot for your fake account? Has technology progressed to that point?











4 comments:

Grammarian@mindspring.com said...

She should have photoshopped on Beatrice's hat.

Jim Donahue said...

Ooo, the kitty version: http://bit.ly/lBCoZA

Knatolee said...

That's quite the zombie look, too...

fermicat said...

I'm your newest follower. I'm not "fermicat" over there, but I think you will recognize me. Disclaimer: I am not a zombie and I didn't photoshop my avatar.