Saturday, March 25, 2006

Blessed are the cheesemakers

I love the TV blurbs in The New York Times. They seem to be written in some other language, then translated back into English with every third word missing. I guess the word I'm looking for here is inscrutable.

Monday's listings include:
8 p.m., ch. 11: Everwood: Obstacle.

9 p.m., ch. 11: Everwood: Conflict.

Well, that's paring things down to the dramatic essentials.

But my favorite listing for the coming week is a spotlight synopsis for a PBS special on Sunday afternoon--and please keep in mind this is the Times, not the Onion:
3 p.m., ch. 13: The Cheese Nun follows Sister Noella Marcellino, a nun from Connecticut, as she makes a 20,000-mile odyssey through France--and becomes a champion for artisinal cheesemaking in the process.

I'll be glued to the tube, hunk of runny brie in hand. (Don't worry--this starts right after the VH1 Classic marathon of "99 Luftballoons.")

5 comments:

Peter said...

Artisinal cheesemaking nuns are so hot.

MsYvone said...

That sounds real Gouda!

*groan*

Anonymous said...

I wonder, does she praise cheeses?

Sorry ;)

Grammarian@mindspring.com said...

I come to bury cheeser, not to praise her.

punkinsmom said...

Blessed are the cheesemakers!? What's so special about them?
Shut up Big Nose.