Sunday, October 15, 2006

How to use coupons: A four-step process

1. Check the local newspaper for coupons from manufacturers and supermarkets. You can save lots of money on your food budget this way!

2. Clip coupons and put them somewhere you're not going to miss--on the fridge, held up by magnets, is a good place. You're not going to forget them in an obvious place like that!

3. Go to supermarket. While there, realize you've left coupons hanging on the refrigerator. Swear quietly under breath.

3. Wait until expiration dates on coupons pass.

4. Throw away coupons.

7 comments:

Gina said...

I'm glad to see this is a universal approach to coupons.

Anonymous said...

Can anyone explain why I found this post so funny? I laughed out loud. The first comment was pretty funny too.

Perhaps its been a long day.

Jim Donahue said...

Because you have finely honed sense of humor.

unclewilly said...

5? Feel a little guilty knowing that those coupons could have been recycled.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Jim. I've basically given up completely on coupons for this very reason.

Jim Donahue said...

I have a collection of coupons on my fridge taunting me every time I go by, including one for $1 off a brand of coffee I like. I never, ever, ever remember till I'm at the store. And yet I'm just not ready to admit defeat.

MsYvone said...

2a: buy a coupon holder "wallet" sort coupons by type.

2b: decide to rearrange coupons to correlate to the path you take in the grocery aisles in your select grocery store.
which means you have to go to grocery store and write down order of aisles and whats in them.

3a: Go to another grocery store where the aisles do not match. Realize you didnt bring coupon wallet anyways.

alternate 3a: go to the correct grocery store, remember coupons, forget actual wallet.