Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I'm not shaving till there are 10 blades on my razor

Perhaps I'm a bit out of the loop, as I've had a beard pretty much for the past 20 years. But I just got a free sample of the Gillette five-blade Fusion model in the mail, and I have to wonder ... was the four-blade Schick Quattro simply not meeting consumer needs?

I remember when I was but a small child and had to walk to school for 10 miles without shoes in a blinding snowstorm, and make do with just one blade on my disposable Bic.

How far we have come.


Gina said...

Have you seen the new razors with batteries? Not an electric razor, but a standard one but with vibration or something. Uhm...can't shaving just be shaving -- and not reinvented?

Jim Donahue said...

The vibrating razor has always struck me as a potential hazard.