The company, a science publisher, was instituting a casual Friday policy and sent this around as a guide to every employee:
1. Aim for a classic and understated look. Subtle quality accessories (belts, jewelry, and scarves) coordinated with an outfit can show that you pay attention to important details.
2. Try wearing a button-down shirt with kahakis and loafers and a colorful tie. Ask yourself, "Am I successfully representing myself and my company?"
3. Casual business wear lasts longer and looks better with some special care.
4. Keep clothing colors muted and coordinated to help create a professional appearance.
5. Men's pants should break just above the shoe, sleeves should reach the base of your hand and show just a bit of the cuff if you are wearing a jacket, and shirt collars should button comfortably without pinching or leaving gaps.