Monday, December 15, 2008

It all becomes clear


I was so puzzled why that Iraqi journalist threw a shoe at President Bush.

Could it mean he has a mistaken impression of Christmas traditions and was merely wishing W. a happy holiday season? Or likes not having electricity or clean running water? Or is upset that Battlestar Galactica is heading into its final season?

Fortunately, Arab news service Al Jazeera weighs in with a helpful translation:
In Iraqi culture, throwing shoes at someone is a sign of contempt.

Ooooooohhhh. Never would have guessed that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job, secret service...

good it wasn't a shoe (bomb) eh..

Lizzardicus Spork said...

I'm curious to know what kind of shoe it was.

I'm hoping it was a heavy shoe, or maybe something steel-toed. Not anything wimpy.

And it would have been even better if they both would have nailed him right in the face.

Oh crap...was that out loud?

The government has probably already hacked into my PC by now. And I'll be getting hauled off to jail for terrorism by the time I get done typing this.