Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh, and don't touch the jellyfish

Part of an occasional series in which try to soften the sting of particularly harsh reviews by appending the phrase: "Garnish with Fluffernutter." This particular example comes from the review of Seven Pounds in The New York Times :
Frankly, though, I don't see how any review could really spoil what may be among the most transcendently, eye-poppingly, call-your-friend-ranting-in-the-middle-of-the-night-just-to-go-over-it-one-more-time crazily awful motion pictures ever made. I would tell you to go out and see it for yourself, but you might take that as a recommendation rather than a plea for corroboration. Did I really see what I thought I saw? Garnish with Fluffernutter.

Hmmm. Not sure if that helped this time.

I have no desire to see this movie. But I'm dying to know what the stupid twist is anyway. Yes, that makes no sense whatsoever.


TwoBusy said...

I, on the other hand, am now profoundly curious about the movie... "so bad it's fascinating" is still several levels above "boring."

NYPinTA said...

I might try this phrase after my own reviews.

BTW, I think I know what happens. Should I say?

Jim Donahue said...

Please do!