Saturday, September 09, 2006

HALLOOOO THERE

I try to get vintage postcards from places I've visited. I bought this last year in Quebec City. It's a rather dreary card, as you can see, but I bought it for the message on the back.

June 18, 1945

HALLOOO THERE.

So far, I have fallen in love twice, won a dollar on the horses--and put my hair up umpteen times a day. Keep the homefires burning.

Luff,
Tink

Saw St. James', which is an exact replica of St. Peter's in Rome, only not as as perfectly beautiful.


Only a few words, but I feel like I know Tink. (Well, it looks like "Tink," anyway. If someone can decypher the signature better than I, chime in.)

As always, click to enlarge.

1 comment:

Grammarian@mindspring.com said...

Hmm. I wonder if that's Her Worship Justice of the Peace Elaine Babcock of the Ontario Court of Justice.