Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Get your mitts off my taters

While I have mixed feelings about the concept of a "guilty pleasure," I admit to a bit of sheepishness over my great fondness for infomercials.

There's just something about the cheesy come-ons, bad acting, and fake problems that I find downright hypnotic. Spray-on hair? You bet! In-shell egg scrambler? But of course!

My new favorite is the Tater Mitt. Please: Watch and enjoy.

Irresistible, no?

Sadly, they don't work very well.

A TV infomercial that oversells its product. Who'd have believed that?

I predict, however, that an entire fetish subculture will build up around this product. Just you wait.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Great post; though given my paring knife skills, I'm about as fast as the YouTube guy. For $19.95 plus shipping and handling, I'll stick with the knife.

Anonymous said...

And the knife method uses less water.

Anonymous said...

My daddy used to call me "Tater Mitts" when I was a child.

Jim Donahue said...

That must have been when you were just a small fry.

Anonymous said...

I walked right into that one!