Monday, May 14, 2007

Sign o' the times

I needed to get a new set of tires, so, good neighbor that I am, I decided to go to a locally owned place not far from my house. Oh, I had noticed the "God Bless Our Troops" sign in the yard before, but who can quarrel with that? When I pulled into the lot, though, I read the other sign with smaller print next to it. I'm paraphrasing, but this is pretty close: "To all those rat bastards who protest the war: Go take your business somewhere else."

So I spent my $400 (I needed an alignment, too) at Sears Auto instead.

4 comments:

MsYvone said...

And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" [sic] "Do this don't do that, can't you read the sign?"

Gina said...

I don't wonder that I've not seen similar signs in my neck of NY -- Dutchess County.

Anonymous said...

Good on you, Jim.

Fence said...

"The customer is always right" unless we disagree with your politics.