Thursday, February 09, 2006

A second open letter to the producers of Lost

Last May, I appealed to you, the producers of Lost, a show I like a lot, not to use the they-don't-know-they're-dead twist from "The Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge," et al. Last night, one of the characters on your show was seen holding a copy of ... "The Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge."

You are teasing us, but be warned: I am on to you.


(I completely forgot I wrote that post, by the way. I was looking over my SiteMeter statistics this morning and noticed someone found TVB by seaching for Lost and "Owl Creek Bridge.")

3 comments:

Grammarian@mindspring.com said...

By the way, did you know that Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge was the only story used for both The Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents?

Or that The Twilight Zone version wasn't actually produced for the Twilight Zone? It was made independently and won an award at the Cannes Film Festival. Then it was bought by the Twilight Zone and run as the last episode of the series, but was never in syndication with the rest of the show.

MsYvone said...

ooo! i'm going to go find a copy of that owl thingy.
Does anyone remember an"otherside" or twilight zone episode with a bat/umbrella like thing that would fly through windows and suffocate its victims? I hope Lost doesnt throw THAT twist in.

Sam said...

Love the Classics...

My Favorite book is A Canticle for Lebowietz (saw in your profile)
Love, love, Love that book!