Wednesday, May 17, 2006

If sock monkeys wrote "The Canterbury Tales"

Thanne is it wysdom, as it thynketh me,
To maken vertu of necessitee,
And take it weel, that we may nat eschue;
And namely, that to us alle is due.

Now, giveth me thy banana.








I wish Blogger used tags, so all sock monkey posts (and Handy Visual Guides, Smackdowns, and other recurring features) could be in one place.

But since it doesn't, here's a rundown:

If sock monkeys were White House press secretaries
... gave State of the Union addresses
... were Freudian psychoanalysts
... were hypnotists
... wrote haiku
... were blowhard television pundits

Boy, can I run a gag into the ground, or what?

4 comments:

Peter said...

I was recently told that I'm wearing out the Dick Cheney's snarl photoshops. But I figure I tend to repeat myself in real life - why shouldn't I do it on my blog?

Jim Donahue said...

I think of it as akin to my favorite Simpsons gag, in which Sideshow Bob keeps stepping on rake after rake, each one smacking him in the face. The POV pulls back, and you see him in a field of countless rakes.

So I guess each sock monkey gag--or Cheney snarl--is a little bit like getting hit in the head.

punkinsmom said...

I'm still trying to come to grips with the idea that sock monkeys eat bananas.

MsYvone said...

If Sock Monkeys
...made purses for a living
...had a quilting bee