Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Wanna know what's sad?

My dog's blog gets more hits than mine does.

I... er, he started it as a goof. A dog-related link a couple times a week, written in dog language. Yesterday, the site got a hit from someone who had posted a message somewhere about how stupid and unfunny it was (traced back through SiteMeter). I... er, Freddie almost deleted the blog. (He's very sensitive. As am I.)

Then someone put the URL on their company's home page. Then another popular link page picked it up. And another.

And since 10 a.m., Freddie's page has gotten more than 1,000 hits.

The Internet is very, VERY strange.

7 comments:

Steve said...

That's the truth about the internet being odd. I made it to your blog via your dogs via coudal.com. I'd be curious to read someone's examination of all the little fads that hit the internet -- that badger thing, all your base, etc.
Anyway I like the comment on McCain's speech.
s.

Jovianne said...

Jim?
I simply don't know what to say, but it's making for great reading after all these days . . .

Anonymous said...

Jim, I think Freddie's blog is hilarious. Give him a good scratch behind his left ear from me, will ya??

Advanced Genius Theory said...

Woof, woof-woof.

Peter said...

I love Freddie's blog. I'm also amused by your story about someone posting something about how unfunny it is. I'm picturing a Simpsons-Comicbookstoreguy-esque monologue: "A dog's blog? 'Ruff-ruff?' Someone's weak effort at humor? This is the very antithesis of funny! I shall alert my faithful website readers to this affront to my sensibiliities most promptly!" I mean jeeze, go read a book or something if you aren't amused. The rest of us are down with it Jim!

chunkybacon said...

i've posted a link to your dogs blog as well

http://linuxnotes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://prpwpbmu.com/wndp/rojg.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://labmmtmc.com/oius/jhpk.html]Cool site[/url]