Sunday, February 06, 2005

Countdown to the Oscars: Part I

Yes, it's almost Oscar time, movie lovers! And you know what that means? That's right--not all that much. Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you what won Best Picture last year.

Though I've seen only one of the films up for the major awards, I've decided to salute the honorees anyway.

Today, let's take a look at one of the nominees for Best Actor, Don Cheadle, up for his role in:

Hotel LaWanda

LaWanda

I'm afraid this is one of the films I haven't seen yet, so I'm just going to have to wing it. Cheadle, who got his start playing the desk clerk in "Golden Girls" spin-off "The Golden Palace," is now working for Aunt Esther, late of "Sanford and Son" spin-off "The Sanford Arms." Wacky high jinks ensue.

Well, that's about all I have for now, so I'll see you at the concession stand!TM



No comments: