Friday, March 25, 2005

Not the brightest bulb in the low-wattage-bulb box; or: Sometimes an idiot is just an idiot

From last Sunday's New York Times magazine, an interview with Jim Guckert/Jeff Gannon, hypocritical White House shill:

Times: Scott McClellan, the press secretary to President Bush, called on you and allowed you to ask questions on a nearly daily basis. What, exactly, is your relationship with him?

Gannon/Guckert: I was just another guy in the press room. Did I try to curry favor with him? Sure. When he got married, I left a wedding card for him in the press office. People are saying this proves there is some link. But as Einstein said, "Sometimes a wedding card is just a wedding card."

Times: You mean like "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"? That wasn't Einstein. That was Freud.

Gannon/Guckert: Oh, Freud. O.K. I got my old Jewish men confused.

Times: You should learn the difference between them if you want to work in journalism.


Oy vey.


.

No comments: