Monday, November 19, 2007

What's wrong with this picture?

I took my dog, Freddie, to the N.Y. Tech campus nearby to run around and chase squirrels the other day. I snapped a picture of the trees with their vivid autumn foliage and thought it would be perfect for enlarging and framing.

At first glance, when I looked at the resulting shot on my computer screen, it was quite beautiful. Orange and yellow leaves clinging to half-bare branches, and a thick carpet of them on the ground.

Then I took a closer look and realized I had also taken a picture of Freddie in the middle of pooping.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim, Jim, Jim. That's why God created Photoshop.

punkinsmom said...

I would think this would give the photo that much more insousiance, that certain je ne sais quoi.
Nothing says pretentious, ill-used French phrasing like a dog pooping in the woods.

Jim Donahue said...

Someday, I'm going to have to buy/learn Photoshop.

Grammarian@mindspring.com said...

Whatever you do, don't do a google image search for dog pooping.

Jim Donahue said...

That sounds like good advice for us all.