Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Santa kicks Martian ass

Gold star for Punkinsmom for identifying the source of the quote, "Dropo, you are the laziest man on Mars."

For those who have never seen Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, prepare to marvel:



I dare you to get that fiendish theme song out of your head.

I saw this at a Saturday matinee as a kid, and I'm still feeling the effects.

(And yes, the Martian girl is Pia Zadora in her film debut.)


UPDATE: The video above is of fairly poor quality--it looks like it's being broadcast from Mars. There's a somewhat more watchable, 6-minute abridged version of the movie here, though with inexplicable bleeps on the sound track. And there's the first chapter of the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 version here. I love MST3K, but I can't say this is one of its funniest episodes. It's a little dull--though we watch it every Christmas season. Traditions are traditions, after all.

5 comments:

MsYvone said...

it's also available in the dollar bin of your local Target! run run, quick , like a bunny, before they are all gone!

Grammarian@mindspring.com said...

msyvonne is right! Plus, I bought one at a Target during a sale where they were selling off the dollar DVDs for 25 cents each.

TwoBusy said...

Throw it in a double-feature with "Mars Needs Women," and you've got yourself a Christmas worth remembering...

punkinsmom said...

S-A-N-T-A C-L-A-U-S
Hooray for Santy Claus!

MsYvone said...

Holey Crap, I was unpacking my stash from Target tonight that I bought 4 days ago, and wouldn't you know it, a copy of this had mysteriously jumped into my cart.

ooo! creepy!