Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Writer's block

I've felt particularly uninspired blog-wise of late, so I thought I'd turn to the Internet for help. Maybe an expert's blog post called "101 Great Posting Ideas That Will Make Your Blog Sizzle" will help. Better get your oven mitts ready, and we'll take a look at some suggestions:
Write a post by examining the pros and cons of an issue.

Pros: It's easy. Cons: It's boring.
Do an interview with key people in your niche.

While I did once find some key people in my niche, I notified the authorities and they're currently serving seven to 10 with no chance of parole.
Take an alternate position.

That won't work.
Review your statistics to see what keywords referred your visitors to your site and post about those.

Activia yogurt continues to make you poop. And Deborah Norville's eyes look freaky.
Make a post that is inspirational.

The sun'll come out tomorrow, so ya gotta hang on till tomorrow, come what may. Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya, tomorrow! You're always a daaaaaaaaaay aaaaaaawaaaaaaay!
Write a funny post.

Mom's on the roof, and we can't get her down.
Browse through a thesaurus and see if synonyms help spark ideas for your posts.

I would, but that suggestion is full of dung, guano, manure, or, if you will, excreta.
Pose a rhetorical question in your post.

Is that really a good idea?
Make a post about how things have changed from the past.

It's like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry costs a nickel, and in those days nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh, yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get were those big, yellow ones ...
Create a post that has a cliffhanger to be answered in a later post.

Well, I'm not sure ... Sorry, there's someone at the door. I'll be right back.

Hold on, hold on, I'll be right there.

Oh, it's you. I thought you were doing seven to 10 without chance of parole. Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? Errr ... I guess you're definitely not glad to see me. Now, put down that gun. I'm warning you, put down that gu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, "Mom's on the roof" made me laugh out loud.

Grammarian@mindspring.com said...

Does Deborah Norville like Activia?

Dave said...

"Make" a post? Good stuff.

sgreerpitt said...

ah, a Simpson's fan...I can just hear Grandpa going on about the onion!

Sue