Tuesday, June 07, 2005

All is vanity

Driving to work on the Long Island Expressway this morning, I saw a Hummer with this vanity license plate:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This really pissed me off. It's bad enough you're driving this 20-ton beast in order to commute to work on one of the most congested roads in the nation. It's worse that you're getting 3 miles per gallon, forcing up gas prices for the rest of us. Do you really have to make a joke about how humble you are? Or aren't? Or whatever? What an asshole.

Sigh.

I flipped him the bird, but I don't think he saw me.

Which, in retrospect, was a good thing, because I drive a Saturn that weighs about 20 pounds, and it can probably be demolished by the force of the Hummer's wake.

This gave me an idea for a vanity license plate of my own:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's a big plate, so I'll have to buy a bigger a car. Hey, maybe I'll get a Hummer... nah.

If you'd like to, you can create your own vanity plate here.


Addendum: A faithful reader sends this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thanks, Grammarian.



.

No comments: