Monday, June 06, 2005

In related news, watching Joey actually makes you gain 10 pounds

If you want to burn a few extra calories, laugh.

It's no match for running, cycling or pumping iron but scientists said Saturday laughing out loud for 10-15 minutes a day burns 10-40 calories, the amount in a small piece of chocolate, depending on a person's body weight.

"We calculated that this is equal to 2 kilograms (4.4 pounds) a year if you do it every day," Dr Maciej Buchowski, of Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee, told an obesity conference Saturday.
--Reuters


Breakdown of current sitcoms and how much they fat they will burn off:

Arrested Development: Entire box of Godiva chocolates

Scrubs: Extra-large bar of Hershey Special Dark

According to Jim: One Raisinette

The George Lopez Show: One sour ball

Two and a Half Men: No calories burned. Instead, watch Charlie Sheen's (ex?) wife, Denise Richards, try to play scientist Dr. Christmas Jones in the Bond film The World Is Not Enough. Now that's comedy gold!

Rodney: Scientists have been unable to measure the fat-burning potential of this program, as no one has ever watched it


.

2 comments:

John said...

That's funny, because I never heard of Rodney until I saw a commercial for it once, during Monday Night Football, I think. This marks only the second time I've ever heard it mentioned. Who the hell is Rodney anyway?

Jim Donahue said...

He's a standup comedian, but one I'd never heard of. Never seen the show, so I guess I shouldn't pass judgment ... what am I saying? I'm sure it sucks.