Sunday, November 05, 2006

Be my guest

Amy Sedaris is one funny lady, as is her brother, David. Hmmm. I phrased that badly. Well, you know what I mean.

Anyway, Amy has a new book, called I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence, which is filled with all sorts of helpful advice on entertaining, like:
A good trick is to fill your medicine cabinet with marbles. Nothing announces a nosy guest better than an avalanche of marbles hitting a porcelain sink. Plus you'll know which guest is a junkie whore or gutter hype, and you'll know what else to hide. Count your stash or remove the labels from your prescription bottles.

There's also recipes. I've been reading it all morning, and I highly recommend for the upcoming holiday-party season.

____________

I'm on vacation this week, and probably won't be posting much. Though I may have something to say after the elections are over. We'll see. I plan on going out to dinner that evening and will be drinking heavily in either celebration or despair, depending on how things are going.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can all move to Canada together, Jim.

Enjoy your vacation.

punkinsmom said...

Hopefully we'll all be celebrating come tomorrow night (and into the day Wednesday).

And as my mother always quoted (whom I don't know), "All of our guests bring us pleasure, some by coming; some by going."