Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Do you know the way to San Quentin?

A bookkeeper pleaded guilty Monday to embezzling $6.9 million to pay for such things as a ranch in Vermont, a life-size statue of Al Capone and a private performance by singer Burt Bacharach, federal authorities said. --The Associated Press

Look, I'm as big a pop-music fan as anyone. But if you love the songs of Bacharach/David, you use your ill-gotten gains to hire Dionne Warwick, not Burt. Have you heard him sing?

(BTW, I love the word "bookkeeper." I can't think of another--well, other than "bookkeeping"--with three repeated letters in a row.)

3 comments:

punkinsmom said...

Thanks a lot. Now I have that stupid song in my head.

ChefNick said...

I can cure that. Think of the Barney Song.

Jim Donahue said...

That's just cruel!