Monday, March 05, 2007

Of manatees and Mentos

While it's a bit inconsistent, 30 Rock has turned into my favorite comedy of the season. When it hits, it's hilarious (though that doesn't happen every week). This conversation on last week's episode cracked me up:

Tracey: Ken, I'll be going soon, but I just wanted you to know that I've loved being your mentor, and it's been an honor having you be my manatee.

Kenneth: Mr. Jordan, I hate seeing you like this. What can I do to help you?

Tracey: I'm just going through the classic stages of grief. Fear, denial, horniness, wisdom, sleepiness, and now depression. ...

Kenneth: Now, stop that Mr. Jordan! You need to take some of your own advice! Aren't you the man who told me to live every week like it was Shark Week? And that nothing's impossible except for dinosaurs? Don't give up on life, sir!

Tracey: [Thoughtfully] Wow ... The manatee has become the Mento. Wow ...

Kenneth: [Silence]

Hmm. Funnier when you see it.

You can watch episodes online here. Start with episode 12, with Isabella Rossellini and Paul "Pee-wee Herman" Reubens as guest stars--but I think it gets rotated off the site after this Thursday's episode.

1 comment:

lemieuski said...

Hilarious scene..