Friday, February 27, 2009

I, for one, welcome our new zombie overlords


America votes with its wallet--

#343 on Amazon: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (pre-orders; doesn't publish until May)

#68,786 on Amazon: Joe the Plumber: Fighting for the American Dream (in print now; he recently sold five copies at a book signing)

Advice to Sarah Palin: In your 2012 run, pick a zombie as your VP. They're much more popular.

(In all fairness, the out-of-print book I ghostwrote for a small publisher in 1995 is currently #6,044,429. But I bet if just one of you bought a used copy, we could get that up to #6,035,283.)

3 comments:

ChefNick said...

Jim, Jim, there IS therapy . . . I personally know a psychoanalyst-in-waiting (unfortunately he's only seven years old--idiot savant, I think--no, wait, he's my son, how can I possibly say something like that?)

But to tell you the truth, the words "Zombie Overlords" chill my blood.

Well, they would chill my blood if it wasn't already pickled tink.

Grammarian@mindspring.com said...

Any plans to release Drinking, Driving Straight, and Zombies?

Jim Donahue said...

God: If only we'd thought of that in 1995, it would still be in print.

BTW, now at #6,060,333.